Want the chance to win a $250 Westfield voucher? The Campus Store invites all current students to enter our annual Design a Tote competition. We are looking for a fun and engaging design that encompasses the spirit of the University of Auckland. There is no theme, so let your creative juices run wild!
Submissions close at midnight on Monday 8 August 2022.
First place: $2500 Westfield voucher, a tote with your winning design printed on it and all the glory!
Second place: $100 Westfield voucher
How to enter
Download the form below, complete your design and email to [email protected]
Please ensure you have read the Terms and Conditions below before submitting your entry.
Terms and Conditions
- Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The competition opens Monday 23 May and closes on Monday 8 August 2022.
- The competition is open to all current students of the University of Auckland.
- Each entry must be the original work of the entrant and the entrant warrants that he/she/they are the original creator of the work entered.
- By entering, the entrant acknowledges, agrees and understands that all submissions will become the exclusive property of University of Auckland, which retains exclusive rights to the reproduction of the design.
- Each design must be wholly original.
- Each design does not incorporate or include any material that would require consent of a third party.
- Each design must not violate any copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right, or any other rights of any third party.
- University of Auckland have the right to edit, composite, scan and alter the entry design for any purpose which is deems necessary or desirable, without any further permission.
- Any fonts used must be open license fonts.
We will be judging the designs based on the following criteria:
- Creativity – think outside the box!
- Usability – would you and your friends want to use a bag featuring this design?
- Commercial viability – is this design likely to sell in store? We want to produce a tote bag that will actually sell and be attractive to our customers
- Team spirit - does your design incorporate the spirit of The University of Auckland?
- Timeless – will your design stand the rest of time? We want it to become a heritage piece in our collection!
How to vote
We will select the finalists (3-5 designs) which will then be put to the public vote to decide the winning design. The voting will be conducted online only and promoted via our website and social media channels.
Voting commences: Wednesday 24 August 2022
Voting closes: Wednesday 7 September 2022
- Can I enter the competition if I've won in previous years? Yes, absolutely! The only requirement is that you are a current student at the University of Auckland.
- What happens to my design if I'm not chosen as a finalist? As part of our T&C’s, all submissions will become the exclusive property of University of Auckland, which retains exclusive rights to the reproduction of the design.
- Should my design be a certain size? The design can be as big or small as you wish, as long as details within the design can easily be reproduced as a print. We will only accept entrees that have used the template which is available for download.
- How many colours can I use? Your design will be printed in one colour – for example, black print on cream tote bag.
- Who is the design for? The winning tote will be sold in the University physical and online Campus Store as a limited edition line. The design should appeal to students, staff, alumni and visitors of the University.